Wednesday 3 October 2007

Petr Čech Everywhere! Strange marketing of global comapnies?

I am no supporter to the fact, that when you are well-known and successful, that you should not be doing advertising, but what the Petr Čech (goalkeeper of english footbal club Chelsea with Czech origins) concerns, I think that it is way too much.

On my way to the school I can see him on posters of several companies. First of all he shows himself as hi-tech fan in the Samsung advertisings. Then he is the "face" of the Marks and Spencer company and the third is the poster of Ceska Sporitelna (part of the Erste Bank).

I guess that if I were in his position, I would do the same, but maybe the marketing divisions of those companies mentioned above should do better timing with their campaigns. It is somehow strange, that all of them has Petr Čech right now on their posters. And in the end the effect is somehowe more negative than positive. And what is the most funny part in that, is a interview from the time, when Petr Čech was injured and he said there, that he has millions of offers to do some kind of advertisements, but he really chooses wisely... So he chooses wisely, but those companies should be better informed, that they will have Petr Čech as a propagator of their brands at the same time.

No comments: