Thursday 11 October 2007

Komerční Banka (Société Général) and Charles University SUCK BIG TIME!

I am going to Finland on the 3rd January 2008 thanks to the Erasmus Student Programme. BUT! As a NEW feature this year I was kinda forced by Charles University of Prague to start banking account in EUR currency in "Komerční Banka" at Prague (part of French bank "Société Général"), where they will send me my scholarship (aprox 2100 euros for 5 months). The account should be free of charges and very very helpful (as they told me.) Before the year 2007 students opened their accounts in the foreign countries. For example: I am going to study at Germany, I will open my account in Germany.

I had to pay something today before arrival to Finland and here is the STORY! I should have made payment to the Student Union of the University of Jyväskylä (in Finland) with no charges to the beneficiary. The payment was only 44,30 euros, but the stupid charge for the payment was 38,22 euros! FUCK!

Hey! Where is the point in that? Where is the positive effect of online banking? In my ass? It would be MUCH MUCH cheaper if I put the money in an envelope and sent them via post office. Guess that the stamp on letter costs 3 euros these days.

I am really looking forward to use this completely useless account during my stay in Finland. For example paying for the house every month with the bonus of 40 euros for the banks will be really refreshing. Together it would cost 200 euros only for charges to the banks.

So here is my solution. After the arrival I will go to the nearest ATM and withdraw all the money from that fucked-up account at "Komerční banka" and start the account in Finland as students have done it before me.

No comments: