Tuesday 20 November 2007

Skateboarding is deader than dead

I remember the times when I was a young kid and I was skateboarding. We had normal clothes, shoes lended from our parents (I had adidas shoes from 70s - nowadays they are selling again the same model with little difference) and being cool did not meant to have special trousers worth 250 euros, but doing great tricks on the board...

And why I am writing crap about it? Because today I read press release by one of the Czech banks, which will emit credit cards for "young" people and there will be motives of snowboarding and skateboarding, because "it is, what teenagers desire". FUCK! Skateboarding became a platform for marketers and PR managers, where they will serve their products to the younglings.

If I were a parent now and my kid would tell me that he wants to do skateboarding... I will really consider it, because I guess that the kid would like more or less only the cool clothes and shoes and the skateboarding itself would not interest him. Like he will probably only wear the board in his hand and tried to look cool. We had a wonderful czech word for it. It was "pozér". I had seen such a boy two weeks earlier. He had all the cool stuff on himself and his mother looked like she will die of hunger next week and she was wearing really crappy clothes, which only poor people wear. I really wondered how she could afford to buy to his sun all this cool stuff. I guess that he would not be able to do shove-it-flip even if he wet his pants first. What a lame jackass.

No comments: