Thursday 29 November 2007

Funny things about Brussel

I was in Brussel yesterday and I had found out some funny things about Brussel.

First of all people who live in Brussel must be either a) filatelists or b) musicians. I have never in my life seen so many shops with stamps and shops for filatelists and I have never seen so many music shops with guitars, drums etc.

Second thought is about really strong Muslim community. I was living in a quarter (near city center) and the whole Stalingrad street was filled with barbershops, groceries, restaurant and other shops and only Muslims were in there. I liked the way how they make business. They have just simple room with a desk, chairs and PC and that is the shop - for example the travel agency. Almost nothing on the walls, no decorations.

The third thing which surprised me was how they deal with the garbage in Brussel. They do not have any dustbins. They just put their garbage into plastic bag and throw it on the streeet. So when it was 22.00 the streets were overwhelmed by garbage bags. The problem is that I had many plastic garbage and I was looking for the plastic garbage bin and found none, so I traveled back into my country with this plastic waste and threw it into the yellow dustbin (for plastics).

The end. Maybe I will write something down something else about Brussel in the near future.

No comments: