Wednesday 24 August 2011

Latest thoughts on...

... 1) even in the tropical weather (around 33 degrees Celcius) there is really cold feel coming from the depths of the Petschek Palace, looks like the Palace is cursed by the nazis...

...2) marriage - we were on a vacation in the mountains on this big cottage where various families were and there was this older guy (his kids were talking Dutch, but he was Czech) and me and my wife we had anniversary of our marriage so I had my suit on and we went to a fancy restaurant. And this guy was asking me where are we going, so I told him so. And the next day in the morning he asked me if my wife liked the dinner and I replied that yes and on this he told me: "Pleased woman means happy marriage."

...3) insults of the teachers and politicians - I do not know if this is just Czech speciality, but we have saying:
Who cannot do anything, he teaches.
Who cannot teach, he teaches other teachers.
Who cannot teach other teacher, he is politician.
Bit insulting for the teachers (they are really under-rated in here, their salaries suck, so maybe that is the reason why the whole education system sucks...)

No comments: