Saturday 23 February 2008

Music evolution...

Today I was listening to LOTS of Chemical Brothers and they can be perfectly used as an example of change of paradigm in musical evolution ;o). BLAH BLAH BLAH... but actually, really. I am serious. Because with every their new album I am like "What the fuck is that, it is terrible." But then more you listen to it, the more you start to like it... And that is my every-new-album experience since I bought Surrender in 1999...

Then I was thinking if I can find any other artist about whom I had feeled in the same way and the only one I could think of was Björk. Same feeling. When she released Vespertine I was like OMG what is this?? And then I really liked it... same with her newest album... first song on it... Earth-intruders? What? But now I like it...

I recall one of my revelations (when you are so full of dope and alcohol that you feel that you can bear and find the whole truth of universe) and I was listening to new album by trance DJ Paul van Dyk and I was like: "Fuck, this man has stopped in year 1996 and this is the worst shit I have ever heard..." Since then I really do not like him, because it is the same shit everytime...

No comments: