Tuesday 21 August 2007

Jóhann Jóhannsson

As no-one will ever read this crap ***, I can declare here my passion for Icelandic Jóhann Jóhannson. He is the best musician in the world. And his CD "Englabörn" is gem among the masterpieces of musical history. Eventhough he looks like a bulb his music is wonderful. Sometimes it reminds me work of Estonian Arvo Pärt (my other beloved musical composer, from whom I really love "Alina" or "Fratres") or Japanese Yasushi Yoshida. I can really recommend these three artists to everyone, who likes "classical" music with a slight breeze of contemporary chill. Holy macaroni, I sound like a freaking idiot from cultural column in newspapers.

----------------
*** It is said that everything we write (even our "oldschool" personal diary) is written for the purpose to be read by someone. Umberto Eco had written that only a list of things for shopping
is not written for the purpose of reading it by others.

No comments: