Tuesday 18 January 2011

Weird solidarity in Albert Heijn supermarket

Yesterday I bought salade and small plain baguette. Funny thing was that right before I should be getting my receipt and pay the stuff, one old lady came there and said that on her bill are two yogurts and that she wants that 3,90 crowns back (aprox 15 eurocents), because she has bought only one yogurt.

Well, no problem with that, but the cashier instead of giving her back the money put through the system only my salade (80 CZK) and then she said I should pay her 90 CZK. And showing me only the 80 CZK on the computer. I was like WTF? And she said, yeah, 80 the salade and 10 CZK the small baguette. Then I got the receipt with only the salade, right.

After I gave her the money (90 CZK) then she gave the 3,90 CZK to the old lady.

Well I dont give a shit about the money and the solution, which was much faster then if she would have to call the manager and he would need to do the part, where he substracts the one bloody yogurt from the system, heck I dont even care about the money, because the baguette was definitely not for 10 CZK.

But wouldnt it be faster if the cashier simply asked me: "Mr., please, would you be so kind and pay the old lady 3,90 CZK from your pocket, because we are poor multinational corporation who does not even have money to give it back to old ladies?"

:oP

No comments: